• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Range / consumption of 2025 Macan EV ?

SCOUBI22222

First Name
ARNAUD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PORSCHE TAYCAN ST
Country flag
Good morning,
I still haven't fully understood the consumption of the macan ev, what real range can we count on with its 95KW battery?

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Well the early reports point to 275miles to 300miles or around 3 miles per kWh …

OP
OP

SCOUBI22222

First Name
ARNAUD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PORSCHE TAYCAN ST
Country flag
Like my rear-wheel drive Taycan.
On videos in France, it was around 23.3 on the highway, or 400km.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Like my rear-wheel drive Taycan.
On videos in France, it was around 23.3 on the highway, or 400km.
Was even higher on the highway but on backroads with sporty driving 19kwh/100km? The issue with that part of France is that there can be a lot of wind …
Anyway that is why I have opted for the 20 inch wheels should add around 10% range/lower consumption.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Wired’s review: https://www.wired.com/review/review-porsche-macan-electric-2024/

WIRED said:
WIREDdrove both models but spent more time with the Turbo, in which our average energy consumption hovered around 3.5 miles/kWh, giving a theoretical maximum range of about 330 miles.

My best guesstimate is that with our Turbo, with its 22” aeroblade wheels, we would be averaging about 305 miles (if/when we rarely need to charge to 100%), of course reduced to around 250 at freezing; 225 miles at 15 F and up to 340 miles @ 85 degrees F. We are fine with these numbers and will adjust these SWAGs as actual range tests from those I am most looking forward come in: Kyle/OutOfSpec; Thomas/Autogefühl; Tom CLoughney/StateOfCharge; Brian Wong/Edmunds; and from Bjorn Nyland, we will then all see what are test based results.

Interesting to see the EPA results — which we now understand are not coming until sometime this summer.

Lastly, I fully agree with those who are planning to get 20” wheels, that you will be getting roughy 10% more range. But as we charge in our garage when needed, and on our so far limited road trips, we have yet to need to add in one more charging stop and so we are fine with the 22“ wheel lower range. We have a BMW iX M60 with 22” wheels; it weights 400 pounds more; and, it has a slightly higher CD — and two weeks ago on an average 57 degree F day we got 350 miles on it.

As our daughter who now has her second all EV said to us before we got our first, the first three months you will stress, constantly checking your projected range left, but after a while other than trips, you will just drive it relaxed. She was right.

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT ,Macan 4 ordered
Country flag
Anyway that is why I have opted for the 20 inch wheels should add around 10% range/lower consumption.
I usually choose 20 '' wheels (lower consumption and winter tyre mount) but the Macan 4 ones are so ugly (in my opinion ...) that i opted for the 21''

OP
OP

SCOUBI22222

First Name
ARNAUD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PORSCHE TAYCAN ST
Country flag
Also I chose 21p, on the different videos have sometimes seen on the main screen sometimes 440km sometimes 550km,
It's quite disturbing this difference when they were in the same place for the test

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
If one drives it like a Porsche as some reviewers have done, those are most probably the ones with the 440 km numbers.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
Reality (UK) is looking like 270 miles (min) which isn't spectacular IMHO but unsurprising given our climate 9 months of the year. Easier driving and decent ambient may see 300+. Folks in US - SOCAL, Florida will see much more (they already do with their existing Taycans).

ironcitijc

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Rivian R1T
Country flag
I usually choose 20 '' wheels (lower consumption and winter tyre mount) but the Macan 4 ones are so ugly (in my opinion ...) that i opted for the 21''
I’m in the same boat. Still going back and forth with my final configuration but as much as I’d like the increased range with the 20 inch wheels I’m most likely going to end up with a 21s just based on appearance 🤷‍♂️

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I’m in the same boat. Still going back and forth with my final configuration but as much as I’d like the increased range with the 20 inch wheels I’m most likely going to end up with a 21s just based on appearance 🤷‍♂️
Same here, was going to go with the Turbo wheels (more tempted for 21” over 20” but unsure)… and then all the recent pictures of the Turbo rims showed me the way.

Macan Design in 21”.