• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

First videos of upcoming Macan EV

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera TS
Country flag
Agreed, but if speed and acceleration with high budget limits is the overarching goal, should you not consider power more power vs. less power and gear box? Why was less power with gear box chosen over more power? More power solution yielded better result in a Model S Plaid which accelerates faster and has higher top speed.
I think Porsche's goal with 2-speed gearbox was to beat the Model S speed and acceleration with off-the-shelf motors/inverters. Turbo S is a very fast car for almost anyone but now they have to make a 3-motor version again to beat the Plaid because Tesla moves too fast.

The new motors are developed in-house so facelifted Taycan may not need a gearbox.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I think Porsche's goal with 2-speed gearbox was to beat the Model S speed and acceleration with off-the-shelf motors/inverters. Turbo S is a very fast car for almost anyone but now they have to make a 3-motor version again to beat the Plaid because Tesla moves too fast.

The new motors are developed in-house so facelifted Taycan may not need a gearbox.
I think Porsche has listened a lot to the research that Rimac did in their development for their latest car. They considered a gearbox initially but scraped that idea once they developed the car. And Porsche has a lot of co operation with Rimac.

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera TS
Country flag
Now they have Rimac on their side to share technology but before they weren't.
I assume Porsche did a back 2 back test with or without gearbox in the Taycan development but there was something weak in their 1-speed drivetrain than made them take the more complicated route.

Marmolata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
wow, it is fugly. looks like one of those annoyed BMW suvs..😳

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
Here is one of the first videos of almost undisguised Macan EV
Car Maniac - Porsche Macan-e

(The video is in German, but the auto-generated German to English translated subtitles are pretty good)
Not sure why fear charging ports. Will have to back into the garage or move my Porsche charger. But the cable may be long enough.

ddep

First Name
dep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo s 2021
the back looks weird without a roof spoiler

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, Bolt EV
Country flag

Audi moved faster than Tesla because Audi was the first to develop a Tri Motor setup.

I also didn't know the 2 speed transmission for the J1 platform was developed by ZF