• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

First videos of upcoming Macan EV

Granola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant Quattro
Country flag
Here is one of the first videos of almost undisguised Macan EV
Car Maniac - Porsche Macan-e

(The video is in German, but the auto-generated German to English translated subtitles are pretty good)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I think I like this car. Not more than the Taycan, but nice little city car.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I pretty much like everything about the current Macan except for its performance, or lack thereof, so now it'll meet my needs and wants.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I wonder what it’ll be called… I don’t think the Macan name will extended to it.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'll withhold final judgement until I see it in person. But on pictures, to me it looks like a "Taycan theme" that got pasted on a Macan, without actually changing any of the metal.
Not a huge fan so far.

Do any of the reviews so far confirm whether this car ditches the 2 gear transmission?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here is one of the first videos of almost undisguised Macan EV
Car Maniac - Porsche Macan-e

(The video is in German, but the auto-generated German to English translated subtitles are pretty good)
No translation required to understand how he feels about the power. 😆

It looks a lot better in that video than it did in the still pictures.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'll withhold final judgement until I see it in person. But on pictures, to me it looks like a "Taycan theme" that got pasted on a Macan, without actually changing any of the metal.
Well, it is a derivative of a Macan, whereas the Taycan was a completely new model. Were you expecting they’d design an entirely new vehicle but still call it a Macan?

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, it is a derivative of a Macan, whereas the Taycan was a completely new model. Were you expecting they’d design an entirely new vehicle but still call it a Macan?
I suppose so. Or keep it entirely separate.

This is a weird "take the Taycan font/theme and copy/paste small aspects" middle ground.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I think I like this car. Not more than the Taycan, but nice little city car.
Only if it has a smaller dimension outside. I won't mind something like a Lexus UX size that is cute and cool at the same time.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Not a huge fan so far.

Do any of the reviews so far confirm whether this car ditches the 2 gear transmission?
No 2 speed according to the Autocar review. They say, “unlike the Taycan, which uses two-speed reduction gearing, the Macan has a conventional single-speed unit at each end.”

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
No 2 speed according to the Autocar review. They say, “unlike the Taycan, which uses two-speed reduction gearing, the Macan has a conventional single-speed unit at each end.”
F*CK YES. This might just be my next car.
(I know I said the looks are uninspiring... but removing the transmission wins my vote/dollars)

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' IGM Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is where we option "electric" on the side just so people know for sure. :p