• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

First videos of upcoming Macan EV

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Here is one of the first videos of almost undisguised Macan EV
Car Maniac - Porsche Macan-e

(The video is in German, but the auto-generated German to English translated subtitles are pretty good)
"Huebschen" my eye...
The face is just.. incongruent - that wide band in the middle, carrying the headlights, is just tacked on. Not quite BMW-level weird, just .. unfinished. :confused:

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
I like this Macan EV but one thing is the rear charging port put me off. I previously had a rear charging port EV before. Taycan's charging port is a lot handy compare to others. This is my own view.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What’s wrong with the gearbox?
OK, I realize I'm wading into fire here. But here it goes:
IMHO is an anachronism in an EV. It serves to allow combustion engines to run at the right rpm.
Modern EV motors have tons of torque from the get-go and can spin way up efficiently.
I'd wager that the vast majority of EVs, even sports cars, will not have transmissions in 2030.

In the Taycan, IMHO it really detracts from the experience. It's loud and clunky, it causes lurches in power when accelerating, and the car can be caught flat footed. I'm sure it also weighs a few tens of pounds. Neither the 0-60 acceleration nor the efficiency of the car indicate that the benefits outweigh the costs.

I bet if anybody wrote a book about the car, and had full access to porsche, we'd discover that this was the SVP of "transmission engineering" trying to ensure a future for his division.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I suppose so. Or keep it entirely separate.

This is a weird "take the Taycan font/theme and copy/paste small aspects" middle ground.
But it’s not the Taycan front end. It’s simply the new front headlight design that will be on all the next Gen Porsche EVs, including the Taycan facelift. It’s just a slightly more modern looking Macan.

fullmetalbaal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
But it’s not the Taycan front end. It’s simply the new front headlight design that will be on all the next Gen Porsche EVs, including the Taycan facelift. It’s just a slightly more modern looking Macan.
I guess I'm saying "he introduction of the first EV Macan could have warranted a larger redesign than just the "EV style" headlights and a different badge, and the "EV style lower rear bumper".

They are basically saying "EV->Taycan style headlights + Taycan style lower rear bumper".
That's a missed opportunity in my book.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I guess I'm saying "he introduction of the first EV Macan could have warranted a larger redesign than just the "EV style" headlights and a different badge, and the "EV style lower rear bumper".

They are basically saying "EV->Taycan style headlights + Taycan style lower rear bumper".
That's a missed opportunity in my book.
SUVs are boxes on wheels. There’s only so much you can do styling wise. And they will really need the existing Macan customer base to like this vehicle, so the less differentiation, the less risk of losing the choir. Everyone will know this is a Macan.

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
How does the Macan’s interior room (seating for 5, backseats space, etc) compare to the Taycan’s?

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I wonder how much having an electric Macan available will cannibalize Taycan sales, if any.

The primary sticking point for me is the Taycan has more rear seat room, and more boot space in my CT. Plus it’s lower. I’ve always been shocked at how cramped the back seat of the Macan is.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wonder how much having an electric Macan available will cannibalize Taycan sales, if any.

The primary sticking point for me is the Taycan has more rear seat room, and more boot space in my CT. Plus it’s lower. I’ve always been shocked at how cramped the back seat of the Macan is.
Several reviews already note how much roomier the EV Macan seems to be in the rear than the ICE version.

The EV Macan, like the ICE Macan, is just going to be a great compact SUV. I don't love the looks but with the right wheels and color it'll look fine. It's going to drive better than it should for the practicality. The battery will be a nice size with excellent charging speed.

It's just going to be rock solid. Not as exciting as the Taycan but a lot more practical.

ERuss

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron
Ugh, really wish it was available not just as a sportback. I really don’t like that look, just like the e-from sportback vs the non sportback. Looks worse (like a raised sedan) and takes away cargo space.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
What’s wrong with the gearbox?
Power lag/gap during hard acceleration as the car is shifting down. Some people like the gear shift feeling, as evidenced by some car makers actually patenting simulating gear shift by briefly cutting power to the EV electric motors at certain speeds. Personally, I prefer the instant, butter-smooth acceleration of EV's - no lag, no power gaps.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I think these headlights might be the Taycan refresh headlights. I must say, I prefer the current Taycan headlights and overall front bumper - looks more finished, designed, complete. The new Macan front end looks a bit unfinished, like it still has camouflage and missing some front apron parts. If I saw it on the road, I would think it's a test mule. The black color of these demo cars hides some of this, but even in black, in full lighting it does look unfinished. I wonder what it looks like in a bright color, white, acid green, speed yellow, or even silver.

Then again, maybe I'm just old, and the new generation of Porsche buyers prefer this look. It does have some retro 80's styling queues which seem to be popular among the young people today - no pop-up headlight though.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I like this Macan EV but one thing is the rear charging port put me off. I previously had a rear charging port EV before. Taycan's charging port is a lot handy compare to others. This is my own view.
Is front charging preferable or side? I think i would be ok with the rear.

I wonder if the charge port will now go in the rear…. 😳

View attachment 58284