• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan EV deposits / reservations

JayGT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4 / Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Curious how many users here have a deposit / reservation down for the Macan EV at their dealer? Chime in here.

I'm very interested based on what I see so far and may put down my deposit in a week when it's revealed on the 25th.

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, CT4 on order
Country flag
Got an expression of interest deposit down which I can firm up once they’re taking full deposits

I did have similar down from May 2023 but cancelled when I picked up my Taycan. However put down again earlier this week.

Keen to see the config options and price next week.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 Sept, Prius
Country flag
Got an expression of interest deposit down which I can firm up once they’re taking full deposits

I did have similar down from May 2023 but cancelled when I picked up my Taycan. However put down again earlier this week.

Keen to see the config options and price next week.
Do we know, in the U.S, if the configurator is going live this week?

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
I filled out a form for the Macan EV waiting list here in NZ way back in June 2022! Can't wait to see the configurator go up and then to decide if I got Macan EV Turbo or facelift Taycan.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Placed a deposit May 2021. Waiting for more vehicle details before making a final decision to purchase.

Last edited:

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Assuming it will be launched with 2+ trims, I guess you guys get to pick which trim you want then? Or did you say something like "put me on the list for the lowest/mid/highest trim"?

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Assuming it will be launched with 2+ trims, I guess you guys get to pick which trim you want then? Or did you say something like "put me on the list for the lowest/mid/highest trim"?
I was just on the list. When Porsche called they told me there will be 2 trims and the expected prices for the 2 different trims. I think I will go for the base(4), because it is cheaper and with my Taycan4s I feel I have move power than I need for everyday use. And the Macan will be my everyday use car.

At the same time Porsche here in Denmark told me they will get a lot of slots for the base car but only very few of the turbo. Starting Q2.

I hope the time 5 Seconds from 0-100km/h is correct.

The only reason I will go for the Turbo is if the price gets close when I have opted for color, rear wheel steering, air ride and so on, which is normaly standard on Turbo.

We must see Thursday where the prices and specifications should be online so I can configure one.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I was just on the list. When Porsche called they told me there will be 2 trims and the expected prices for the 2 different trims. I think I will go for the base(4), because it is cheaper and with my Taycan4s I feel I have move power than I need for everyday use. And the Macan will be my everyday use car.
At the same time Porsche here in Denmark told me they will get a lot of slots for the base car but only very few of the turbo. Starting Q2.
I hope the time 5 Seconds from 0-100km/h is correct.
The only reason I will go for the Turbo is if the price gets close when I have opted for color, rear wheel steering, air ride and so on, which is normaly standard on Turbo.
We must se Thursday where the prices and specifications should be online so I can configure one.
5 sec 0-100 is quite slow, I would be very disappointed if that’s what the base 4 does.
My MME (non GT) does 4.8 and I would not pull the trigger on the Macan at 5 or more seconds.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
5 sec 0-100 is quite slow, I would be very disappointed if that’s what the base 4 does.
My MME (non GT) does 4.8 and I would not pull the trigger on the Macan at 5 or more seconds.
The Taycan rear wheel drive is 5.4 s
And the cross Turismo 4 is 5.1 s

I just read a note from Porsche that says 5,2 s, I do not know if it is true but sounds possible

The Turbo 3,3 s

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Taycan rear wheel drive is 5.4 s
And the cross Turismo 4 is 5.1 s

I just read a note from Porsche that says 5,2 s, I do not know if it is true but sounds possible

The Turbo 3,3 s
Thanks for sharing. If accurate, major disappointment - only the Turbo would even make sense. But the price…

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. If accurate, major disappointment - only the Turbo would even make sense. But the price…
Price: “Turbo” = 1.5 x “4” ( with some taxes in Denmark)

And ICE times:
Macan 6.2s
Macan T 6.2s
Macan S 4.6s
Macan GTS 4.3s

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Price: “Turbo” = 1.5 x “4” ( with some taxes in Denmark)

And ICE times:
Macan 6.2s
Macan T 6.2s
Macan S 4.6s
Macan GTS 4.3s
Looking at ICE, the Macan S would be the first trim I would consider. Good balance of performance and price.

But EV is another beast. The sub 5 and even sub 4 seconds have become the norm, if you look at Ford, Tesla, Kia, heck even Smart… all at a fraction of the cost.

Porsche is in another league when it comes to driving experience, no doubt. Still. People got used to very fast acceleration and getting a 0-100kmh / 0-60mph in 5 seconds would be a step backwards - at a huge premium.

Last edited:

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, CT4 on order
Country flag
4 and Turbo initially I understand with 4s and RWD to come later this year. Nothing said about GTS.

I was told you can advise on preference on release and they will then start to split people into specific allocations. I’m probably going to go 4s as think the 4 comes with steel springs. I want adaptive