• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

EV Macan4 vs Turbo

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
Hi Guys,

Took the plunge and Traded in my Taycan4 (sig pic) in Mamba Green for Macan4 in Ice Grey Metallic, decked it out with ~€16K worth of options (thank god the Macan options are way chaper than Taycan options), so we get below spec:
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PRV36EI5

Macan EV EV Macan4 vs Turbo 1707725951975

Opted for the Offroad Pack in paint color as well, looks pretty cool in my opinion. Rims kept standard as like them and do want max range.

Now the question - the Turbo doesn't seem that far off list price wise, and does include many options.

What's your take? Spend extra ~€18K and get the Turbo, or keep the Macan4?

Do you reckon (based on previous Taycan / Macan experience) that the Macan4 will do 0-100 in the 5.2sec specced, or below 5s?
As for me - I personally like the Turbo body kit less than the 4, plus I dislike fake air breathers on the rear, thankfully the 4 doesn't have them. So the question is really - pay more and get a faster accelerating Macan, but sacrifice on the looks, or keep the 4

meerec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS MY22 I Macan EV Turbo PRYKG7X2
Country flag
I went through the same process initially. Looked at 4 and quickly figured out the optioned 4 is so close to turbo. Placed my order for turbo.

OP
OP
DES_MX

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
I went through the same process initially. Looked at 4 and quickly figured out the optioned 4 is so close to turbo. Placed my order for turbo.
That's exactly where I am at, just the exterior of Turbo holding me back a bit. Also, if it was a Taycan, I know the chassis control is so firm it won't have the front of the car lifted when flooring it, but for example with my other car BMW i4M50, when I floor it the front raises a bit and I personally dislike this a lot. If the new Macan chassis control is as rock solid as Taycan, I'd probably go Turbo, but if there's going to be some "wobble" when flooring, I might prefer to stay with the 4 as the effect will be much less.
Basically the huge issue is not being able to test drive either, so ordering practically "blindly".

meerec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS MY22 I Macan EV Turbo PRYKG7X2
Country flag
We are all ordering blindly at this stage. Nobody has a chance to drive any of the cars … the reviewers hitched a ride with pro Porsche drivers … that’s about how much we know.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I was unsure. The fake vents in the Turbos backside was the clincher - yuk
Might be worth a Turbo in UK if you want Paint, Air Sus, Chrono, Auto Dim, 21' wheels and Bose as they are 'free' on Turbo and £6k on a Mac 4
Otherwise its the 4 and £25,000 saved (for me)

Zen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Skoda / Kia
Country flag
By the time I'd specked the 4 how I wanted it the Turbo was within reach.....and let's face it buy a 4 = the ever asked question...."I wonder what the Turbo would have been like?"...🤣

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Go for the Turbo (if you can comfortably afford it obviously). Options depreciate way faster.
Absolutely agree. Order the Mac 4 only if you are not putting all the Turbo Extras on it.
A Mac 4 will depreciate slower than a Turbo if not festooned with extras.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
By the time I'd specked the 4 how I wanted it the Turbo was within reach.....and let's face it buy a 4 = the ever asked question...."I wonder what the Turbo would have been like?"...🤣
Yes and No!
If you spec a Mac 4 with all the extras that are free on a Turbo then the Turbo makes sense.
Mac 4 with £6k extras makes sense.

I will not wonder what the Turbo is like however. My 4S and my GTS made my eyes bleed in launch mode.

My mates Turbo S is deeply unpleasant in full attack mode. More G force that a NASA centrifuge. A Vomit Comet.
Mac 4 plenty fast enough for me.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Yes and No!
If you spec a Mac 4 with all the extras that are free on a Turbo then the Turbo makes sense.
Mac 4 with £6k extras makes sense.

I will not wonder what the Turbo is like however. My 4S and my GTS made my eyes bleed in launch mode.

My mates Turbo S is deeply unpleasant in full attack mode. More G force that a NASA centrifuge. A Vomit Comet.
Mac 4 plenty fast enough for me.
The Taycan 4S does 0-60 in 3.8 seconds while the Taycan GTA does it in 3.5.

That is fast of course, but not out of this world fast - you can get that with a Tesla Y. I don’t know that “eyes bleeding” is accurate for an acceleration between mid 3 and 4 seconds. ;)

The Macan Turbo is faster at 3.1, now we’re talking serious acceleration.
And agreed that a Taycan Turbo S at 2.6 seconds has to be brutal if not handled with care.

OP
OP
DES_MX

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
The Taycan 4S does 0-60 in 3.8 seconds while the Taycan GTA does it in 3.5.

That is fast of course, but not out of this world fast - you can get that with a Tesla Y. I don’t know that “eyes bleeding” is accurate for an acceleration between mid 3 and 4 seconds. ;)

The Macan Turbo is faster at 3.1, now we’re talking serious acceleration.
And agreed that a Taycan Turbo S at 2.6 seconds has to be brutal if not handled with care.
I've never experienced 3.1 but had a M3P which does 3.3 and i4M50 which does 3.7-3.8 on a good day, so assume it's very similar. Question is - do you want that kind of acceleration in an SUV?

On another end of the spectrum, I've owned a BMW iX3 with 6.8 official and 6.5 actual figure tested - it felt very adequate if not pleasant.

So for me I'll stick with the Macan4.

Also now at least in EU Porsche is quoting +€4500 on Macan4 and +€6000 on the Turbo due to delivery after model year change (MY25) - it's shown as a mandatory "option" which you can't deselect - saying "MY 25 price increase". My Porsche dealer also told me that if an order is changed even though its not in production yet, it might get re-entered somewhere else in the queue and the price increase will apply. So I'd steer clear from any changes at this point.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I've never experienced 3.1 but had a M3P which does 3.3 and i4M50 which does 3.7-3.8 on a good day, so assume it's very similar. Question is - do you want that kind of acceleration in an SUV?
Well, if you're asking me... absolutely! Getting 3.x sec acceleration on a Tesla Y or MME GT Performance is a ton of fun! Yet to try on the BMW iX but don't expect I would enjoy it less.

Mind me asking why you wouldn't want that kind of acceleration on a SUV?

Also now at least in EU Porsche is quoting +€4500 on Macan4 and +€6000 on the Turbo due to delivery after model year change (MY25) - it's shown as a mandatory "option" which you can't deselect - saying "MY 25 price increase". My Porsche dealer also told me that if an order is changed even though its not in production yet, it might get re-entered somewhere else in the queue and the price increase will apply. So I'd steer clear from any changes at this point.
Do you know when the MY is supposed to change?

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
For those with patience and are willing to wait probably just one more year, we will have a Macan EV 4S (or named something like that). Always nice to have more choices!

Congratulations to all of who have already placed your orders. I am betting no matter whether the 4 or the Turbo the new Macan will be one hell of a competent hoot.

OP
OP
DES_MX

DES_MX

First Name
DES_MX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan4 CT
Country flag
Well, if you're asking me... absolutely! Getting 3.x sec acceleration on a Tesla Y or MME GT Performance is a ton of fun! Yet to try on the BMW iX but don't expect I would enjoy it less.

Mind me asking why you wouldn't want that kind of acceleration on a SUV?

Do you know when the MY is supposed to change?
MY changes in July/Aug I believe, but dealers already know that any new orders won’t make it to that timeline so already adding 4.5K to 6K on top. And if yours is not they will still charge you this extra when delivered. (Unless you make custom agreement).
So in fact even online configurator already adds this as a “placeholder” option, which you can’t deselect