• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Why it must be a Macan vs Taycan for me. How to spec (UK)

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I waited for the Taycan facelift announcement before deciding which way to go. A very substantial and impressive update for the Taycan, but I ultimately decided the Macan Turbo was the way to go for me. I can highly spec it just how I like, have amazing performance still, and come in way under the Taycan price and put the balance towards a 718 Electric! I was also pretty unhappy buying a car as expensive as the Taycan with the old PCM hardware which is already end-of-life imo. The Macan PPE platform is right up-to-date and I like that.

So my order is now placed for a Macan Turbo in Ice Grey Metallic, spec'ed quite similar to the launch media car, but I've dropped the carbon off the sides and opted for Black high gloss. Spec is PR1X9KR5.
It sounds absolutely perfect. All you have to do is take it straight to a body body shop and get the fake vents at the back filled in. Not looked at your spec but hope you are not ruining those beautiful aero rear lines with a rear wiper !!😀

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
My big questions. On the Mac4…
Do I have the nuts for
1/ Provence?
2/ Chalk interior (base trim), will the kids destroy it?
3/ Should I get Air Sus?"

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I waited for the Taycan facelift announcement before deciding which way to go. A very substantial and impressive update for the Taycan, but I ultimately decided the Macan Turbo was the way to go for me. I can highly spec it just how I like, have amazing performance still, and come in way under the Taycan price and put the balance towards a 718 Electric! I was also pretty unhappy buying a car as expensive as the Taycan with the old PCM hardware which is already end-of-life imo. The Macan PPE platform is right up-to-date and I like that.

So my order is now placed for a Macan Turbo in Ice Grey Metallic, spec'ed quite similar to the launch media car, but I've dropped the carbon off the sides and opted for Black high gloss. Spec is PR1X9KR5.
I just put your code in the NZ configurator. Don’t tell my wife, she will have me sectioned.

You naughty Kiwi.
22’ gangster wheels and Bumster and Rear Steer. I think a quarter of a million of any currency sounds too much for a car. Even NZ$!

I know the 22’ wheels will hamper range but an Australian told me that the North and South Islands are only about 200 miles long and 100 miles wide each so you don’t need to go far.
(To be fair that is how big they look in an atlas.)
Perhaps a nice day trip to Hobbiton. You wouldn’t need to charge up. Good job. I didn’t see any fast chargers in the film. I bet Gandalf could find a way to get some KWs in your battery though if you see him.
(He went to my school by the way)

To my shame I lived in Oz for 6 years and got married there (to a Pom)
but I never made it to NZ.

I hate flying.
Perhaps a round the world cruise will get me there on my wedding anniversary when I retire.

Enjoy the car.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
I just put your code in the NZ configurator. Don’t tell my wife, she will have me sectioned.

You naughty Kiwi.
22’ gangster wheels and Bumster and Rear Steer. I think a quarter of a million of any currency sounds too much for a car. Even NZ$!

I know the 22’ wheels will hamper range but an Australian told me that the North and South Islands are only about 200 miles long and 100 miles wide each so you don’t need to go far.
(To be fair that is how big they look in an atlas.)
Perhaps a nice day trip to Hobbiton. You wouldn’t need to charge up. Good job. I didn’t see any fast chargers in the film. I bet Gandalf could find a way to get some KWs in your battery though if you see him.
(He went to my school by the way)

To my shame I lived in Oz for 6 years and got married there (to a Pom)
but I never made it to NZ.

I hate flying.
Perhaps a round the world cruise will get me there on my wedding anniversary when I retire.

Enjoy the car.
Haha thanks, your ant to try configuring a Taycan and see what that comes out to in NZD. We have a BMW iX M60 also, so pretty familiar with the range penalty on wheel types and other options, ti will be all good for where I want to go. Charging infrastructure is pretty solid here so not really a concern.

The country is quite a bit bigger than your Aussie mate indicated, but yep, compared to Aussie distances we are tiny! NZ is slightly bigger land area than the UK, but with only 5.1 million people.

We'd love to see you in NZ one day!

meerec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS MY22 I Macan EV Turbo PRYKG7X2
Country flag
My big questions. On the Mac4…
Do I have the nuts for
1/ Provence?
2/ Chalk interior (base trim), will the kids destroy it?
3/ Should I get Air Sus?"
1/ too girlie for my taste
2/ yes will destroy it
3/ yes, very comfy, and great new tech applied too