• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Makes you sick?!

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
This journalist reports that driving the Macan made her motion sick, a sentiment echoed by other journalists. This is concerning, as I am considering purchasing it for a few months of travel around Europe. In contrast, I've driven vehicles like the Nissan Leaf, Fiat 500e, Polestar 2, and Tesla Models Y and 3 on winding mountain roads without experiencing any nausea. Any assumptions?

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
This is the only review that mentioned this - I've read over 15 written reviews and watched even more videos, no one ever called it out. This is very odd.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
This journalist reports that driving the Macan made her motion sick, a sentiment echoed by other journalists. This is concerning, as I am considering purchasing it for a few months of travel around Europe. In contrast, I've driven vehicles like the Nissan Leaf, Fiat 500e, Polestar 2, and Tesla Models Y and 3 on winding mountain roads without experiencing any nausea. Any assumptions?
Thanks for the find. My family have problem with motion sickness in my Taycan, and the biggest reason for buying the Macan is to get rid af that 🥵

OP
OP

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I wonder if it's the location of the test drives the issue. Or the car is more prone to body roll by design when in Normal mode. A youtube comment mentions "I’m guessing that this example has some optional distortion in the windscreen" so it could be just optical issue?!

However everyone else says the driving dynamics and comfort are incredible. The Out of Spec guy is going mental, never seen him that excited about a car. 😅

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Ever ridden in a race car on a track driven by a pro driver. Bet if you did (as I did), did you come at least came close to being sick. The faster a vehicle can corner, the more our equilibrium can get effected.

I have upset quite a few friend’s stomachs and caused minor dizziness by driving my Corvettes, especially my C8 Z06 at speed on our nearby curvy, country, cornering drive, e.g., been asked to slow down.

Back to a couple of Macan reviewer’s comments that they became queasy in the turbo. IMO some are just plan not used to a vehicle that corners as well as the Macan turbo did on their drives, though nothing to complain about but perhaps slow down a touch..

OR…, for those who have similar equilibrium or stomach issue to, for them to more properly purchase a Macan 4.

Me, I am a track lover and am enthusiastically looking forward to my fast cornering, well handling, super steering, Macan turbo rocket.

Good for us all that these reviewer shared their experienced queasiness, for it will help some who have car-sick propensity to now order a Macan 4 instead.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
This journalist reports that driving the Macan made her motion sick, a sentiment echoed by other journalists. This is concerning, as I am considering purchasing it for a few months of travel around Europe.
I was planning to reply "it's probably caused by the environment, not the car"-until I read this-
In contrast, I've driven vehicles like the Nissan Leaf, Fiat 500e, Polestar 2, and Tesla Models Y and 3 on winding mountain roads without experiencing any nausea. Any assumptions?
But on further reflection, I still think it is the environment, which for those who aren't used to it (with its precipitous drops and rock face whizzing closely past in peripheral vision) and are perhaps driving faster than they realise, that is the cause.