• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan EV spotted nearly undisguised

Would you trade your Taycan for a Macan EV?

• Total voters

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I expect it'll be a good car and might suit many better than a Taycan, but that front looks like a copy and paste error with 2 sets of headlights and "radiator" grilles superimposed. From other angles, the curviness combined with tall long cabin and truncated rear (especially in black) shows a bit too much VW 39/ Beetle ancestry for my liking. But if it goes like stink, it might win me over should I ever be in the market for a crossover.

Last edited:

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Lets hope it has amazing range!

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Cayenne E Hybrid, ‘23 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I really dislike the double headlight look, on all vehicles that have done this (which is way too many at this point). That alone would be enough to stop me from considering this when it comes time to replace my Cayenne.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Front end looks like the Family Truckster. Wonder if the launch color is going to be metallic pea.

Last edited:

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good looking car and I bet they'll sell a ton of them... too high off the ground for me, though.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
it looks like a macan!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
If I may add another point from a different perspective to my original...unlike the Taycan, which benefits from being a bit of a niche product (particularly in 5 door form), the Macan will compete in the most popular category (SUV/Crossover), which is only becoming more popular as the preferred form for EVs (for battery packaging convenience). At the upper end of the Macan range, it will be up against a Lotus, at the lower end practical and stylish offerings from Hyundai and Kia and also with their performance versions.

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If I may add another point from a different perspective to my original...unlike the Taycan, which benefits from being a bit of a niche product (particularly in 5 door form), the Macan will compete in the most popular category (SUV/Crossover), which is only becoming more popular as the preferred form for EVs (for battery packaging convenience). At the upper end of the Macan range, it will be up against a Lotus, at the lower end practical and stylish offerings from Hyundai and Kia and also with their performance versions.
completely agree - I am sure that within its price segment Macan EV will sell like ice cream on a hot summer day. I for one am more excited about what the upcoming K1 will bring, hopefully a car that can offer some real competition to Land Rover and similar models.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
It's really shaping up to be awesome I think. I'm keen on one of these for sure!

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I do wish the rear window was less sloped. It looks kinda like a Cayenne Coupe rear end, which isn’t attractive. I’d prefer a more squared off suv type of rear with more room.

Still I bet it looks good with the right wheels and sells well.

AGDunc

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Sprinter 4x4 Camper
Country flag
Everything below the upper lip of the front bumper feels like a very big departure from the current design language across the Porsche range. Every other line on the Macan is pretty curvy but that test mule has a very square jaw indeed.

If you told me it was a mustang from the lower headlights down I would believe you. I quite like the aggression of it, but it is very different. It will be interesting to see how this bleads through into other models. The EV Cayman would look very mean with those sorts of lines down low