• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Porsche says that the official unveiling will be next week (2024 Jan. 25). It'll be interesting to see pricing and what is standard vs. what's not standard. Kyle says that glass roofs and air suspension is standard even in the "Macan 4" (base trim), which I think it unfortunate (I don't want either, as they're just something more to break and add cost to the MSRP).

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Porsche says that the official unveiling will be next week (2024 Jan. 25). It'll be interesting to see pricing and what is standard vs. what's not standard. Kyle says that glass roofs and air suspension is standard even in the "Macan 4" (base trim), which I think it unfortunate (I don't want either, as they're just something more to break and add cost to the MSRP).
The 4 will come with steel springs, and the Turbo with air. I think the glass roof will be a ad on

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
The 4 will come with steel springs, and the Turbo with air. I think the glass roof will be a ad on
I suspect that Kyle is correct, for American-delivered Macan BEVs. European customers tend to "luck out" in getting more options (like the option in Taycan Cross Turismo to have an all-metal roof or not). For some reason, Porsche decides that Americans will not have that choice.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Many of the reviews say that the base(4) will have steel springs, but it might just be a Europe thing. Now only 1 week before we know so much more

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Part of me is *really* tempted to pull the trigger right away (replacing my Mach-E), while the other part is telling me so skip the first release and wait a year until the first issues get addressed.

Was the first Taycan also riddled with issues like the 2021 Mach-E?

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Part of me is *really* tempted to pull the trigger right away (replacing my Mach-E), while the other part is telling me so skip the first release and wait a year until the first issues get addressed.

Was the first Taycan also riddled with issues like the 2021 Mach-E?
The Taycan had some problem, but the car and the driving is superb. The software is not great, but I think the Macan will be much better