• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

mickiii

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX
Country flag
Here you go - enjoy :clap:

Source: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=cache:https://www.driving.co.uk/news/new-cars/electric-porsche-macan-gets-380-mile-range-and-630bhp/&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&fbclid=IwAR2JtF61PCtwaI4eWJAOEauvlnR6jDqLSL5B4YTfiT79J5Bfd13mJG_czDY

A bit disappointed on the "4". Was sort of hoping that I would order that being in Denmark with taxes and all, but looks disappointing IMO.

From THE TIMES:

ELECTRIC PORSCHE MACAN GETS 380-MILE RANGE AND 630BHP

Large battery pack brings the range
There will be two initial launch models of the electric Macan, called the Macan 4 and the Macan Turbo.

Both sit on newly developed, EV-specific underpinnings called the Premium Platform Electric (PPE), which means the Macan family is not using the same underpinnings as Porsche’s first EV, the Taycan.

Nevertheless, this system still allows for 800-volt DC rapid charging capability, meaning the sizeable 100kWh lithium-ion battery pack (95kWh of that is usable) in the Macan models can go from 10-80 per cent charge in just 21 minutes in optimum conditions at compatible chargers.

The battery powers “permanently excited” electric motors (PSMs) in the Macan launch models, with a motor on each axle ensuring these vehicles have electronically controlled all-wheel drive.

In the Macan 4, the maximum output is a healthy 300kW, which equates to 402bhp and a chunky 480lb ft of torque. Such outputs allow this SUV to run 0-62mph in 5.1 seconds, with a limited top speed of 137mph.

Those looking for even more punch will approve of the Macan Turbo, with a maximum output of 630bhp and 834lb ft of torque. That reduces the 0-62mph time by nearly two seconds, to a 3.3-second official figure — the same as a 911 Carrera 4 GTS — while the top speed raises to 161mph, which matches the “v-max” of the most potent Taycans.

It’s not just speed that marks out the Macan EVs; range between charges does too. Porsche claims that the Macan 4 can go up to 380 miles on a single charge of its battery pack, based on the official WLTP economy test, while the Turbo isn’t too far behind with 367 miles.

Macan EV Official Macan EV Specs & Pictures Before Reveal! 380 mile range and 630bhp Porsche-Macan-Turbo-electric-2024-004

Macan EV Official Macan EV Specs & Pictures Before Reveal! 380 mile range and 630bhp Porsche-Macan-Turbo-electric-2024-005

Macan EV Official Macan EV Specs & Pictures Before Reveal! 380 mile range and 630bhp Porsche-Macan-Turbo-electric-2024-002

Macan EV Official Macan EV Specs & Pictures Before Reveal! 380 mile range and 630bhp Porsche-Macan-Turbo-electric-2024-003

Macan EV Official Macan EV Specs & Pictures Before Reveal! 380 mile range and 630bhp Porsche-Macan-Turbo-electric-2024-001

Macan EV Official Macan EV Specs & Pictures Before Reveal! 380 mile range and 630bhp Porsche-Macan-electric-2024-001

Macan EV Official Macan EV Specs & Pictures Before Reveal! 380 mile range and 630bhp Porsche-Macan-electric-2024-002

Macan EV Official Macan EV Specs & Pictures Before Reveal! 380 mile range and 630bhp Porsche-Macan-4-electric-2024-006

Macan EV Official Macan EV Specs & Pictures Before Reveal! 380 mile range and 630bhp Porsche-Macan-4-electric-2024-001

Macan EV Official Macan EV Specs & Pictures Before Reveal! 380 mile range and 630bhp Porsche-Macan-4-electric-2024-002

Macan EV Official Macan EV Specs & Pictures Before Reveal! 380 mile range and 630bhp Porsche-Macan-4-electric-2024-005

Macan EV Official Macan EV Specs & Pictures Before Reveal! 380 mile range and 630bhp Porsche-Macan-4-electric-2024-003

Macan EV Official Macan EV Specs & Pictures Before Reveal! 380 mile range and 630bhp Porsche-Macan-4-electric-2024-004

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Also Denmark here! I do not like the front bumper on the 4 😢

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
So indeed 5.1 seconds 0-60 for the base model and 3.3 seconds for the Turbo one.

5.1 is odd given it has more HP and torque than my MME - and my Mach-e does it in 4.8 seconds. Guess the Macan will be quite a bit heavier.

Missing the prices now, afraid the Turbo will be too expensive for my budget.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
So indeed 5.1 seconds 0-60 for the base model and 3.3 seconds for the Turbo one.

5.1 is odd given it has more HP and torque than my MME - and my Mach-e does it in 4.8 seconds. Guess the Macan will be quite a bit heavier.

I Think Porsche is software limited. Because they will still sell ice cars. The same with me Taycan 4s

Hurricane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche 911 GTS
Country flag
Nice! I want one! This may put me over the top versus an ICE Macan GTS that I was thinking about.

I will be really curious as to the difference in price between the 4 and the Turbo.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
Is that a start button in the middle?! (No longer on left?)
Errrr...maybe that's the volume knob (more clear in second photo)

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Ok, I have to admit, especially the Turbo looks way better than I previously thought. The front in particular looks much more like a Taycan SUV than the impression I got from it earlier.

Like the Taycan, I think this is a car that needs any other colour than black to really shine.

Last edited:

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Ok, I have to admit, especially the Turbo looks way better than I previously thought. The front it particular looks much more like a Taycan SUV than the impression I got from it earlier.

Like the Taycan, I think this is a car that needs any other colour than black to really shine.
The white and purple colors featured on these pictures look fantastic! Black will be boring I feel.

platypus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
My Macan GTS is Volcano Gray, and I 100% regret not having it in Chalk. So much better to show contrasts.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Here you go - enjoy :clap:

Source: https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=cache:https://www.driving.co.uk/news/new-cars/electric-porsche-macan-gets-380-mile-range-and-630bhp/&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&fbclid=IwAR2JtF61PCtwaI4eWJAOEauvlnR6jDqLSL5B4YTfiT79J5Bfd13mJG_czDY

A bit disappointed on the "4". Was sort of hoping that I would order that being in Denmark with taxes and all, but looks disappointing IMO.

From THE TIMES:

ELECTRIC PORSCHE MACAN GETS 380-MILE RANGE AND 630BHP

Large battery pack brings the range
There will be two initial launch models of the electric Macan, called the Macan 4 and the Macan Turbo.

Both sit on newly developed, EV-specific underpinnings called the Premium Platform Electric (PPE), which means the Macan family is not using the same underpinnings as Porsche’s first EV, the Taycan.

Nevertheless, this system still allows for 800-volt DC rapid charging capability, meaning the sizeable 100kWh lithium-ion battery pack (95kWh of that is usable) in the Macan models can go from 10-80 per cent charge in just 21 minutes in optimum conditions at compatible chargers.

The battery powers “permanently excited” electric motors (PSMs) in the Macan launch models, with a motor on each axle ensuring these vehicles have electronically controlled all-wheel drive.

In the Macan 4, the maximum output is a healthy 300kW, which equates to 402bhp and a chunky 480lb ft of torque. Such outputs allow this SUV to run 0-62mph in 5.1 seconds, with a limited top speed of 137mph.

Those looking for even more punch will approve of the Macan Turbo, with a maximum output of 630bhp and 834lb ft of torque. That reduces the 0-62mph time by nearly two seconds, to a 3.3-second official figure — the same as a 911 Carrera 4 GTS — while the top speed raises to 161mph, which matches the “v-max” of the most potent Taycans.

It’s not just speed that marks out the Macan EVs; range between charges does too. Porsche claims that the Macan 4 can go up to 380 miles on a single charge of its battery pack, based on the official WLTP economy test, while the Turbo isn’t too far behind with 367 miles.

Porsche-Macan-Turbo-electric-2024-004.jpg

Porsche-Macan-Turbo-electric-2024-005.jpg

Porsche-Macan-Turbo-electric-2024-002.jpg

Porsche-Macan-Turbo-electric-2024-003.jpg

Porsche-Macan-Turbo-electric-2024-001.jpg

Porsche-Macan-electric-2024-001.jpg

Porsche-Macan-electric-2024-002.jpg

Porsche-Macan-4-electric-2024-006.jpg

Porsche-Macan-4-electric-2024-001.jpg

Porsche-Macan-4-electric-2024-002.jpg

Porsche-Macan-4-electric-2024-005.jpg

Porsche-Macan-4-electric-2024-003.jpg

Porsche-Macan-4-electric-2024-004.jpg
Not sure where the 380 miles range is coming from (I know WLTP is stated but is that official? Also no EPA rating out yet that I have seen). Anyway, Recent youtube range tests on the prototype put it at 298 - 320 miles (depending on which youtuber you watched). These are what I prefer to trust over WLTP or EPA. Here is one from out of spec reviews

Last edited:

PatPel71

First Name
Patrice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Not sure where the 380 miles range is coming from (I know WLTP is stated but is that official? Also no EPA rating out yet that I have seen). Anyway, Recent youtube range tests on the prototype put it at 298 - 320 miles (depending on which youtuber you watched). These are what I prefer to trust over WLTP or EPA. Here is one from out of spec reviews
I bet you it is because they did the tests at 70mph with altitude and that that estimated range is probably at different speeds but we shall see tomorrow.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I wonder how much of that max power/acceleration requires Launch Mode from complete stop, i.w. how much power/torque is usable for anything other than drag racing.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag

Porsche numbers are likely in Launch Mode only. Same as Taycan. No LC performance numbers are lower.