• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan EV - Guess the price after 12 months

Price drop in a year

• 10%

• 20%

• 30%

• 40%

• 50%

Results are only viewable after voting.

miloshs

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
What do you guys think the price drop for used 12 month old Macan EV’s will be?

How many of you will wait for used ones instead of brand spanking new?

Post your comments below 😀

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I expect that it'll depend on the used market when that 12 months is up, so I'm guessing 30% 12 months from now, as used examples will be rare- but 50% loss in the first 12 months for a Macan that is bought new in 2 years time, because by then, like for the Taycan now, the used market will be flooded by cars coming off leases/PCPs and in the UK, business buyers get big tax benefits only if they buy new.

OP
OP

miloshs

First Name
Milos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Looks like at the moment people are torn between 20% and 30%… seems best to wait for at least 12-18 months for the purchase 😀

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
depends on how many miles you put on it... I'm currently putting 20k miles/yr on my car. That makesa huge difference in depreciation vs. a car that's only driven 3k-5k miles. The average BEV is only driven 8k-9k miles/yr, much less than the average miles driven in an ICEV. The other big factor is how high the MSRP is; the more options you put in it and the higher the MSRP, the more steeply will it depreciate. People just aren't willing to pay super-high prices for used BEVs (in the way that some people seem oddly willing to pay super-high prices for new BEVs). Use restraint on the options, and you'll have less problems with depreciation. I posit that anybody paying more than $120k USD for a new BEV should have zero concern about depreciation whatsoever (if they do, they shouldn't be buying cars that expensive).