• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
One wonders who are the marketing geniuses who decide which component is part of which market, e.g., sound system standard in NZ…., and some get air suspension in some places but others not?

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD, MINI Cooper S, Harley Davidson FLDE
Country flag
One wonders who are the marketing geniuses who decide which component is part of which market, e.g., sound system standard in NZ…., and some get air suspension in some places but others not?
And we, the customers in Europe, are paying the bill. When I make exactly the same configuration of my Macan 4 on the Porsche Car Configurator in the US it’s $ 96.000. With the current exchange rate that’s € 88.600. My car however costs with the same configuration in the Netherlands the amount of € 114.000. A difference of € 25.400 or $ 27500 that I have to pay more.
Which marketing genius has decided that?

Bennie

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST RWD, MINI Cooper S, Harley Davidson FLDE
Country flag
And to make it even worse: I just made the same configuration with the same specs for a Macan turbo in the US as I made for my Macan 4 in the Netherlands. How bizarre: the price for the Macan 4 in the Netherlands is € 114.025 and the Macan turbo in the US costs $ 114.240… That’s about € 105.450.

In my configuration for the Macan 4 in the Netherlands all taxes an delivery etc. are included. I don’t know if that’s the same for the US prices.

But If the US prices are inclusive, there can only be one conclusion: an American can buy a fully specked Macan turbo for far less money than a Dutchman pays for a Macan 4.

It would interest me how the prices in other European countries are when you compare them with the US. I think the differences may be a few thousand Euro’s, but by no means the absurd low amount in comparison with the US prices.

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Taxes are not included in the US configurator.
Somes states will have no taxes on EV (like New Jersey) but others will have taxes north of 10%.

Either way, will still be cheaper than EU.

Last edited:

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
@tmrqs
Thanks a lot for your post and pictures.
If you "meet" the car again: Could you take some tubontie interieor pictures/ close ups?
The panamera in the background is white?

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
@tmrqs
Thanks a lot for your post and pictures.
If you "meet" the car again: Could you take some tubontie interieor pictures/ close ups?
The panamera in the background is white?
Ah sorry, I was there on Saturday and the show ended on Sunday. The battery issue was fixed but Porsche kept all the cars (Panamera, Macan Turbo, Cayenne coupe, Taycan) shut, too much traffic it seems.

I did get a chance to look inside the Macan last week and Turbonite looked better than I thought - didn’t get a chance to take pictures I’m afraid.

I decided to go with the Chalk interior however so no Turbonite accents for me.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
And to make it even worse: I just made the same configuration with the same specs for a Macan turbo in the US as I made for my Macan 4 in the Netherlands. How bizarre: the price for the Macan 4 in the Netherlands is € 114.025 and the Macan turbo in the US costs $ 114.240… That’s about € 105.450.

In my configuration for the Macan 4 in the Netherlands all taxes an delivery etc. are included. I don’t know if that’s the same for the US prices.

But If the US prices are inclusive, there can only be one conclusion: an American can buy a fully specked Macan turbo for far less money than a Dutchman pays for a Macan 4.

It would interest me how the prices in other European countries are when you compare them with the US. I think the differences may be a few thousand Euro’s, but by no means the absurd low amount in comparison with the US prices.
A seller will charge what the market bears. You're not, in any way, subsidizing US prices :rolleyes:; perhaps a better perspective into what drives pricing policy would be things like: average income, market size - especially relative to the cost of operating/certifying the model for sale in that market, tax rate on profit in that market etc.

Looks like you could get a cheaper Macan 4 EV from across the border in DK (a country well-known for its low, low prices /s) - starting from 103k Eu.

shesallthat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
How exciting!! I love this and can’t wait to get mine!!! I love that you commented about the high gloss blades, when I put my custom order in, I too thought the high gloss blades were too much and went for body color. BOOM!!

it’s meant to be. My Porsche and me.