• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Choosing Macan Side Blades

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
As many considered and then chose, there were different side skirt appearance choices for their side skirts for their ICE Macan, e.g., many chose body colored, others were happier with gloss black, and some went with the visible carbon fiber. Now we are in round # 2 of this decision point for our Macan EV’s.

My wife and I too have gone back and forth, but carbon fiber is out for us and so the our two side blade finalists were body colored or gloss black.

We put together the below comparo picture (using the “SplitPic” app), to which my artist wife suggested a few thoughts…. FWIW, since in our family she cares less which mechanical or power options I choose, but she gets primarily input for the visual/color options (inside and out), so as per below we will be going with the gloss black blades.

She noted that if one tries to match something but gets a color a little off, it sticks out. Is that good or not depends on each of our point of view…. Since the side blades are curved, even if they are body colored they will call some attention to them as they reflect light differently than the more flat body panels above and below them. That is especially true if one is one is choosing a metallic color for the sun will reflect on it quite differently. At one point she asked, asked, “if the side blades appear just a little color off might it look like a factory painting-match mistake?”

Lastly, she noted and chose the gloss black side blades saying they deliberately stick even more more from the body colored itself, as the side blades are just a small front-to-back piece compared to the entire car; as a result it would make the whole vehicle look longer if they were a very different gloss black than in body color. I like her thoughts in this choice (and hooray I choose the turbo, rear steering, and other mechanical ones).

YOMV of course for each of our Macan’s will look best as we individually choose.

Macan EV Choosing Macan Side Blades IMG_2122

Picture

Last edited:

julianm

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 Boxster GTS 4.0, Polestar 2
Country flag
I like her thoughts in this choice (and hooray I choose the turbo, rear steering, and other mechanical ones).
If you're going for Turbo, keep in mind the other color option for the side blades is Turbonite. But I don't think we yet know whether the Turbonite side blades are more glossy-finish or matte.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
If you're going for Turbo, keep in mind the other color option for the side blades is Turbonite. But I don't think we yet know whether the Turbonite side blades are more glossy-finish or matte.
You can see first pictures of the turbonite side blades on the Aventurine Green Metallic paint - they look really good.

Unsure how well they would work on other colors that said, this green seems to be a perfect match for turbonite.